Hurst Economic Development  
Hurst Economic Development

Contact Hurst Economic Development


Steve Bowden
Executive Director of Economic Development


Michelle Lazo
Managing Director of Development



1505 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, Tx 76054


Permits, Certificates & Licenses

Below are links to documents for you to apply for permits, certificates and licenses. In some cases, a permit, certificate or license may be the responsibility of another agency.



Alarm Permit

All businesses operating or causing to operate an alarm system within the City of Hurst are required to obtain an alarm permit. On November 23, 2004, the Hurst City Council approved the following changes to Hurst Ordinance, Chapter 12, Article VI.

  1. Renew permit annually before January 15th, instead of bi-annually
  2. Annual permit fee of $75
  3. False alarm charge of $50 after the fifth false alarm
  4. Businesses having a "hold-up" alarm system must obtain a separate permit for an additional fee of $75
  5. False Alarm Charges
    No Charge -- 1-3
    $50 each -- 4-5
    $75 each -- 6-7
    $100 ea -- 8 or moreĀ 


For your convenience, an alarm permit application (pdf) and a copy of the City Alarm Ordinance (pdf) is available online. You may print the alarm permit, fill it out and return it to the Hurst Police Department. Be sure and check the appropriate box at the top of the form: new, renewal or changes. The Hurst Police Department recommends you as a business owner/operator familiarize yourself and other alarm users with the ordinance.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call the Alarm Permit Officer at (817)788-7146.



Fire Department Requirements

Any sprinkler and fire alarm plans are reviewed by Fire Prevention, and sent to Hurst Fire Marshal, 2100 Precinct Line Rd. Hurst, Tx 76054.

  • No fees are applied and the plans are returned with in 10 working days.
  • The Fire Department requires notification after installation, inspection and testing of systems. The same is also required for underground lines to the sprinkler system.
  • Sprinkler plans have to be signed by RME and have all State of Texas requirements met and include a copy of Texas Licenses for Sprinklers or Alarms.
  • Mag Lock installations are required to submit plans, and notification and testing of all installations.


Additional information about opening a business in Hurst can be found on this page,
Opening a Business in Hurst.