Hurst Economic Development  

Hurst Economic Development

Contact Hurst Economic Development


Steve Bowden
Executive Director of Economic Development


Michelle Lazo
Managing Director of Development



1505 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, Tx 76054



Opening a Business in Hurst

Download Setting Up a New Business Brochure


Certificate of Occupancy:

  • A Certificate of Occupancy is required for new businesses operating in Hurst.
  • Application filing fee is $50.00 and is obtained through the Building Inspection Neighborhood Services. (B.I.N.S.)
  • After an approved inspection, a utility release is given to Oncor by B.I.N.S.
    The customer is responsible for making application for service to the various utility companies.
  • A new Certificate of Occupancy is also required when a business changes ownership, square footage or type of business previously approved. It is necessary to have all the information requested on the application before it can be processed.

Registration of Business Name:

Northeast Tarrant County Clerks Office
Northeast Tarrant County Court House
Assumed Names Department
645 Grapevine Hwy
Hurst, Texas 76054

State Tax Number:

Comptroller of Public Accounts
North Office: 4040 Fossil Creek, Fort Worth (Loop 820 @ Beach St.) --

Mail Applications to:

Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 East 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100


  • An approved sign permit must be obtained prior to erecting any sign.
  • An application and two sets of drawings must be submitted by contractor.
  • A plan review fee is payable when the sign permit application is submitted and the permit fee is paid when sign permit is issued.
  • The sign contractor must be registered as a contractor in the City of Hurst.
  • Sign Permit Application and Sign Permit Information
  • Sign Ordinance

Permits, Certificates & Licenses

This page contains more specific documents required for operating a business in Hurst. Information on fire alarms, sprinkler systems, Mag Lock installations and police alarms can also be found.



  • The Tarrant County Health Department must be contacted prior to opening, or obtaining a building permit to remodel or build new structure.
  • Tarrant County Health Department approved plans must be submitted to the Building Inspections Neighborhood Services along with a building permit application.
    • The Tarrant County Health Department is located at 1101 S. Main St, Fort Worth, Texas 76104. and can be reached by phone at 817-321-4960.

In order to process an application for a Certificate of Occupancy for any restaurant, a seating layout is required with plans showing square footage of kitchen, bathroom, storage, etc. to allow proper classification.